Do you really like it that much?I always wonder how the people I look up to become such great artists.Do you really like it that much? by PokeFusionMaster
If I asked them, they'd probably just say,
"Practice makes perfect"
Well, if that's the case
Then why does my "art" still suck?
After all this time
All my dedication
Why have I not met the goals I've set?
Everyone around me says,
"You're so talented!"
But I wonder, is it true?
Are they just saying that?
Or are they trying to comfort me
For the years I've wasted?
I don't know anymore
But what I do know is that I don't have to meet anyone's standards
I don't have to tear myself down
Because I know that my art might not be perfect
But at least I can make someone in this world happy
Who would that be?
I don't know
Maybe you should ask someone else,
Because right now I'm too busy doodling.
Ideas on NPC creation!Many elements behind our most recent NPCs have been randomly generated, and here's how we do it!Ideas on NPC creation! by floraverse
1. We come up with a general story or direction we'd like our cities / events to go in, and we create several characters to fill those cities and events with.
2. We think about what each of those characters would do in the cities/events, what their roles are, what they offer to the story as a whole, etc. We pick a race here, too, based on what we'd think would be coolest or most impacting.
3. Now that we have several very basic ideas of what we want, we use Marnok's NPC generator, which can be found here: http://marnok.com/content/_adventure/101npcs.php
This gives us a randomly-generated list of 101 very basic ideas for NPC personalities every time we refresh. We'll come back to it in a minute.
4. We then go to http://www.random.org/
5. We count how many characters we've just created for our city/event/story, and we use random.org to select one for us.